用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语阅读:最不幸的男人:250次相亲后仍单身

字体:    回复
双语阅读:最不幸的男人:250次相亲后仍单身
palm21(2012/10/22 23:54:58)  点击:40206  回复:0  IP:183.* * *
    He’s rich, single and most importantly, he’s not cheap, but despite all these qualities, 47-year-old Larry Greenfield can’t seem to find a suitable life partner. In the last 12 years he has spent around $65,000 on matchmaking services, has been on 250 blind dates, but he has yet to find a wife.
    他富有而单身,更重要的是他不小气。可是尽管有着非常好的条件,47岁的拉里·格林菲尔德似乎找不到一个合适的人生伴侣。在过去的12年里,他已经在婚介服务上花费了大约65000美元,历经250次相亲却仍然没有找到一个妻子。

Larry sounds like a really unlucky guy, but according to the New York Post and Yahoo Shine, he’s apparently just really picky. "His problem is he’s a six and he wanted tens," Maureen Tara Nelson, one of his former matchmakers told Shine. He would pick out his dates according to their photos and profiles, but at the end he’d always say there was no chemistry.
    拉里听上去像是个相当倒霉的人,不过据纽约邮报和雅虎Shine频道的报道,他显然就是非常挑剔。“他的问题在于好高骛远,”他的前一任媒人莫林·泰拉·纳尔逊这样告诉雅虎Shine的记者。他会根据照片和材料选择约会对象,但是到头来他总会说没有感觉。

The Post also paints out the retired Wall Street trader as very detail-oriented: he wants a woman who is slim, Jewish, funny, and a non-alpha (isn’t interested in a career). That’s apparently a very rare breed in New York. ”He thinks because he’s wealthy he could get a beautiful women, but what he doesn’t realize is that beautiful women in New York are also already successful,” Nelson said.
    邮报记者也形容说这位退休的华尔街交易员是个非常注重细节的人:他希望找一个苗条、有趣的犹太人,而且要没什么才学的(对事业没有兴趣)。这种人选在纽约显然 非常罕见。“他觉得自己非常富有,因此应该得到一个漂亮的女人,但他没有意识到纽约的漂亮女人也已经是事业有成了。” 纳尔逊说道。

In his first interview with the New York Post, Larry sounded like a man who was honestly looking for love.
    在拉里第一次接受纽约邮报采访时,他听上去像是一个诚心寻求真爱的男子。

“I’d trade it all in for a white picket fence, two kids, a dog. And you can have it all!” the ex-securities trader said. “I’m not a bad guy. I haven’t been to prison. It’s just a very frustrating thing.”
    “我宁愿拿一切来换一个热炕头,一双孩子和一条狗。你可以拿走一切!” 这个前证券交易员说道,“我不是一个坏人,我没有蹲过牢狱。但事情就是这么无奈。”

He admits he focused on his job in his early years, thinking he’d first get the career and then the girl. But it just didn’t work out the way he planned it. But, after some of the six matchmakers he used in the last few years started spilling the beans, Larry came out as a guy looking for perfection.
    他承认早些年专注于自己的工作,认为应该先有事业再找妻子。但事情并不按他的计划进行。不过,过去这几年他曾聘用过六个媒人,当中终于有人说漏了嘴,拉里看来是一个寻求完美的人。

“He would always come back with some minor, minor thing that the person wasn’t perfect,” Maureen Tara Nelson remembers, which made he drop him as a client after a year.
    “他总是回来反馈一些非常小非常小的问题来说明那个人不够完美,” 莫林·泰拉·纳尔逊回忆说,这也导致一年后他放弃了这位顾客。

But Larry has one more chance – Janis Spindel of Serious Matchmaking. “Men are picky. It’s in their DNA. They want the four B’s — beauty, brains, body and balance,” Spindel said, adding Greenfield is no different. “Larry wants a normal girl who’s in her thirties who wants to be his wife, who will be a sweet and loving wife and mom. I told him I will not take money from him until I have her.” Who knows, maybe the 251st time is a charm.
    不过拉里还有一个机会,著名婚介网站Janis Spindel of Serious Matchmaking 可能会帮他找到意中人。“男人都很挑剔。这是他们的基因决定的,他们希望能符合四个B:beauty(美貌),brains(头脑),body(身材)和balance(平衡),” 该网站创始人斯宾德尔这样说道,她还补充说格林菲尔德跟别的男人没有什么不同。“拉里希望能找到一个普通的女人,大约30岁左右,愿意成为他的妻子,并且能够做到一个温柔可人的妻子和母亲。我向他保证在他找到妻子前是不会收费的。” 谁知道呢?或许第251次约会奇迹就会发生?

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语阅读:最不幸的男人:250次相亲后仍单身
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找